Sunday, June 29, 2008

Magical doors, flying carpets, and howl.


How many women do you think name their babies after romance novel characters?

Today was very nice. I finished my book series, Howls Moving Castle and Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones. She is a great author and British, which reaffirms my belief that Brit writers are the best in the world. The movie Howl's Moving Castle is probably the first movie that is actually better than the book. Although, both are amazing stories. The movie follows the book's plot and dialog line for line for the first bit. Then it changes it up and makes the characters have more of a love interest. It helps that sexy Christian Bale's voice is howl. Both versions are wonderful.

Tomorrow I am making cream of asparagus soup. Fry's grocery store had a sale on asparagus. =D It's still going until Wednesday.

Well, I will end this desultory entry for some sleep.

WAIT I can't hold my excitement. While searching amazon, I just found Wynne Jones new sequel to those books! I must put a hold on it at the library. And no, it isn't sad that I read children stories. hah.

No comments: