Saturday, June 21, 2008

Couch, laptop, and tv = writing time.

So I am sitting here watching MTV, and I really don’t understand what I am watching. It’s called Once Upon a Prom… where someone famous takes someone to the prom…? Where have our standards gone. These kids are going crazy about this event. I don’t know if it’s because it’s on T.V. or if it’s because one person will be selected by a famous person… I don’t get it. (The famous person is taylor swift; I don’t know who that is; google says shes a country singer) However, comments such as “This is the biggest day of my life. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am the luckiest guy in school.” are horrifying! How pitiful, pathetic, upsetting, and devastating that this, this as in going to prom with a hottie and being envied by everyone, is the best thing that could happen to him. Really? Really? If I have children I hope I instill self-worth, character, moral values, goals, personality, and love in my kid. I almost added “normalcy” to that list when I realized normal is the reaction of these high school kids…

On that note, we are watching Gundam Wing Mobile Suit through netflix, which I thought was a wonderful anime eight years ago. Anyway, in the anime, Japanese culture shines through brilliantly. Instances where dueling is upset by an untimely detonation are recovered by the enemy (Seks) when he rebuilds his enemy’s gundam (Hero) so they can fight with no handicaps at a later date. This is honor, it says. Whatever I say. However, it did make me think that yes, if I had to duel someone, I would want to fight someone who was fair. But then I realized I said that because I would use that to take advantage of them. But I like to live. These anime characters have no drive to live. Only to die for the common good. And if you don’t want to die for everyone else, you are weak. The word “weak” is used in every episode. Oh, and women mess everything up unless they are pacifists. As warriors they are “weak.” I think I only liked the anime because of Hero. At the time I wanted to marry someone like him. Because, let’s be honest, everyone fantasizes about a badass saving you all the time. Ryan and Hero are pretty similar, or at least their abilities with swords are. *grins*

I don’t understand how crickets keep getting in the house. PISSERS. He’s a quick one too--which btw the spider living in the garage turned out to be a black widow. Mom killed it.

Anyway, the next few weeks will be estranged. Ryan and I are on different schedules for a bit. Oh and we made home-made Chinese dumplings today. It took all day. So that will be a once in a decade event. And this MTV show is still stupid. Nighters.

Oh, before I end he says in the show "It just shows what kind of girl she is, I could honestly see marrying her someday." It being that she changed dresses to match his outfit. Oh and that she had seconds during dinner. Now if she had been fat, he probably would not have said that.

No comments: