
I am having a fabulous day today. I was able to sleep in and Ryan has a half day at work. But I suppose one of the biggest updates is that I was hired for that job. So now I am a part-time housewife =). I start next week or the week after depending on when the head boss gets back from vacation.
Last night we had a water filter guy come out. A lady called me the day before saying "We have your 50 dollar gift card we would like to bring out to you." And I said sure! knowing we could use the money for paint. Anyway, the water guy came and he was here for two and a half hours.... He thoroughly proved to me that our water is disgusting and filled with poison. We kept asking him how much the system cost and he would not answer us. So finally I said it must be 4,000! Which he smiled at. After going through his WHOLE demonstration he finally tells us its 6,600 if you pay in full. If you pay over time at $92.00 a month, we could pay it off in five years. Ryan and I tried not to laugh. We would like to buy their system, we told him, but we need to save up for it. At which point he told us we were foolish for not having debt and you need debt for good credit. We smiled politely and pointed out we're paying off our house for credit. Oh silly people. Anyway, he left us the giftcard and it was a fun experience.
This morning I just finished my breakfast when I saw this freaky looking spider/scorpion on my wall. I stood still not knowing what to do (because obviously the bug could devour me if I moved). I decided it was too interesting looking to squish it with my tissue. So instead I grab a cup and the costco ad. I slammed the cup on the wall over the bug. The bug started jumping around in the cup totally freaking out. I then slid the costco ad under the cup and gently transported him outside by my neighbors house. Anyway, I looked online to find out more about jumping spiders. I found one at my mom's house before and it had pinchers/claws like a scorpion. It turns out they don't have deadly venom, and they are curious creatures. They also use a silk line when they jump so they can climb back up if they fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment