Friday, August 29, 2008

New Carpet Pad Horray!

The carpet pad issue is allegedly resolved! Once I got a hold of a human, not the monster bastard Joe Pulte Customer Relations person, I received prompt answers, returned phone calls, and actual service. It was wonderful! Anyway, they sent out three workers and had a supervisor come out every hour they were here. The workers were very careful, better at arranging and centering the furniture than I am, and were relatively fast. Overall it was a pleasant experience. Plus, they put all the same carpet pad down. The carpet pad itself feels nice, it feels like there is padding under the carpet. Imagine that. However, the carpet glue is a nauseating smell. My mom came over to help me too because she loves me. I had to move all of the furniture off the carpet the day before, then all back in place, then clean like a crazy woman. She really helped make it go by faster. There is no way I would have been able to get everything done today if she hadn't helped. =) PLUS I have my nice, clean, organized house back!

The upsetting thing that happened today (besides the heat and humidity) was that my girlfriend asked me to make a cake for her birthday. She knew how busy and stressed I was about this ordeal, but she desperately "needed" a chocolate cake for her birthday (which was today). And since I took that cooking class I guess she thought I was the person to make it. Anyway, I said I would even though I had to go get eggs and make the cake at midnight last night after I had moved all the furniture after work. Ugh. Then I decorated it with purple roses that had orange centers peeking out and sprinkles ect. after I had finished ordering the house (which made it messy all over again cuz of the sugar... not much foresight). Anyway, after doing all that she never returned my call or came by to get it. It really hurt my feelings. But whatever, I'm sure she just forgot or something. Anyway, I called her at four when it was done but her phone was turned off so I left her a voicemail. She didn't call back so I tried at eight again (this time I used my cell phone instead of the home phone--later I realized the first time I called it was her old number in the address book) Anyway, she didn't answer the phone when I called at eight and she still hasn't called. It's upsetting. I am tired of doing nice things for people. And now I have a whole cake to eat by myself. Just what I need. =/

Honestly, these last few weeks have been straining and I am losing all faith in humanity. I feel like I want to become a recluse and not care about anyone or anything. It just seems easier. It seems that's what everyone else does anyway.

And now I will stretch out on my new comfy carpet. mmm

No comments: