Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reflections :)

Okay. Well I finished Shirley a long time ago, but never made it back to post my final reflections. And this is what I decided: I want to be best friends with Charlotte Bronte. She may have made harsh, valid comments about marriage, but in the end she does endorse it. But only for those who have stood the test of time, waited out the lust (yes men, keep your penis in your pants till married!), and truly know each other. I can see the importance of that. I think a lot of times people get married then wonder what they married. Or they don't love each other enough in the right ways. Mmm, what I mean by that is, they love each other because they meet each other's needs, but when those resources dry up from fatigue or boredom/routine the love can fade. Instead, love should be based on God, friendship, otherness, patience, trust, goodwill, and tenderness. I would love to be able to love like that and be loved that way. Am I not mature enough? I don't know. Am I too selfish? Yes. Definitely, yes. I honestly want to cherish my husband as someone precious. :) That is a good goal isn't it? Because he is!

I read Villette by Charlotte Bronte shortly after Shirley, and I enjoyed it so much more. I think I even like it more than Jane Eyre because it captures the loneliness and fears of woman so well. I want to buy my own copy :)

Mmm, besides that, I got my first evaluation from work today in the mail, and I passed with excellent marks. :) I was even able to see the nice things students said about me! :) I love compliments.

No comments: